Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Dark Knight Rocks!



Went to see The Dark Knight today. It was every bit as good as I was expecting and then some. Bale once again nailed the Batman role while the supporting cast of Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were top notch. Hell, even Maggie Gyllenhall kept my interest enough to not fall asleep. Even the cameos by such named actors as Anthony Michael Hall, Cillian Murphy, and Tiny Lister were well done.
Heath Ledger dominated the screen when he was on. His Joker may be the best ever and there was not too much funny about him. His performance was extraordinary and is a fitting swan song to a brilliant career. By the end of the film Jen was demanding more Joker!
The one guy I was not sold on was Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent but I couldn't have been more mistaken. He totally sold me as both Harvey and Two-Face.
The film truly is epic and is the most mature comic book movie I have ever seen. I was never disengaged from the movie and the pacing made the near three hour experience well bearable. All in all, Maynard gives it two thumbs up. Check it out if you can. That includes you Squid.

No comments: