Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year -- Break Out the Regrets

So I'm reading this CNN article about parents who are suffering from "Name Regret" for their kids. Seems many parents throw out an idea for names without really thinking it through. Thus, you have people who choose to name their kid Emma, then change it to Caroline, or from Sophie to Isadora (both examples from the article).

Between smashing bad guys, your hero was able to find a web page that lifts comments from new parents as to what they think they are going to name their kids. The commentary, in red below, is the web site author chiming in their two cents worth. The whole list is worth a look.

Here's a sample:

We aren't having kids for another year or two, but we like Kellyna Nychole, Taryn Mykah and Mykenzie Kathryn for girls.

This woman was indicted under the Flagrant Over-Use of the Letters K and Y Act of 1983.

I once met a lady named Rodana. I think she runs a successful internet business.

In her spare time she destroys Tokyo.

I was thinking of naming my son Toolio. Does anyone know the origin on that one?
---[Jane] DeSac

Toolio DeSac. Boy, can't think of any way that kid'll get picked on. That's one taunt-proof name there!

I am 7 months pregnant, and I am having a boy. I think i'm going to name my son Kakinston ,, What do you think... ??

Besides sounding like a former Central Asian Soviet republic bordering Uzbekistan, it aids small bullies immensely starting the kid's name with KACK.

Thazel is a name I've wanted to use for either a boy or a girl. Is that name too weird? It's a combination of my grandmothers who pasted away just three weeks apart. (Thelma and Hazel)

"So where'd you get that interesting name, Thazel?"
"A string of mysterious tragedies. Now I'm haunted by two bickering old ladies from far beyond the grave."
"Oh, that's nice."

Get the whole story by clicking HERE

No comments: