Monday, October 1, 2007

Surfacing...


It has been a while since pro or semi-pro sports have excited the Maynard. Hoiwever, I am happy to report that the new Lake Erie Monsters hockey franchise in Cleveland IS exciting to me.

The Monsters are a minor league affiliate for the Colorado Avalanche. The kids are hungry to make the majors and in many ways the action of a minor league game is better than a pro game. There are plenty of fights in the minors and you get the occasional star sighting (Hey, ain't that Dale Purinton?). Tickets are affordable, prices are reasonable, and the Monsters have the most kick ass jersey and logo I've seen in pro sports since the Calgary Hitmen.

I for one will be going to a game thsi year at some point. The Divari's have threatened me with bodily harm if I don't go. Thus, I'd like to offer an open invitation to anyone else interested in seeing the Monsters this season. I'd love to get Trixie and the the Donald(s0n) to a game. Andrew can handle my puck if he'd like to while I show him how to put it into Trixie's Five-Hole.

In the meantime, visit their team web page here

Buy your Monsters swag here

4 comments:

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

FYI if a bunch of us get together for a game, Let it be known that the Great Mandini can cast a spell for $3 off any seat. (She just needs to know in advance).

MegatonMaynard said...

Just like Presto!!

Mandi said...

Well, Maynard, words like "presto" are more for the lay person, but rest assured that in my magical vocabulary it can happen in a blink of a eye.