Friday, October 26, 2007

Jesus and His Pet Dinosaur


I never thought that America, the great humanistic and enlightenment success story that it is, would ever be chock full of fundamentalist lunatics the way it is. I never thought that evolution would be challenged as being a myth. I never thought the GOP, the party of less government, would be high-jacked by politically correct evangelicals who want more government in your life. I never thought I'd see a political debate where the candidates for president would have to raise their hands to show whether they believe in evolution. I never thought I'd see museums that create dioramas of hop-a-long Jesus riding his wild herd of dinosaurs across the plains. I never thought I'd see people my age and younger who could look at me with a straight face and tell me the world is only 6000 years old. I never thought I'd see my freedoms dwindle and my patriotism questioned by people unqualified to make such a judgment. I never thought I'd see an era where scientific progress is shunned because it flies in the face of Christian values. I never thought I'd see a nation of Christians who have forgotten what it is to actually be a Christian. I never thought I'd see the federal government draft a mandate commanding someone to stay alive against their wishes. And worst of all, I never thought I'd see an age filled with people who seemingly never think...period.

No comments: