Monday, November 19, 2007

Deuce Would Favor a Conjugal Methinks


Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been arrested by police after a drunken clash with airport staff.

The star is reported to have launched into an angry tirade at Dublin airport on Sunday after being told he was "unfit to travel."

He was then charged and spent the night in the cells.

The incident reportedly took place as the handsome 30-year-old -- who entered rehab citing alcohol as the problem earlier this year -- tried to check in for a flight back to London, where he is now based, after appearing on an Irish talk show hours earlier.

According to Britain's The Sun, witnesses saw the star being verbally abusive to a female airport worker, and repeatedly insisting: "I will get on this flight, no matter what."

A police spokesman said he was due to face two public order charges in court in Dublin on Monday. His agent was unavailable for comment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, I have experience representing a "significant other" for those in drunk school.

I believe I need to go and attend some sort of counseling with Mr. Rhys Meyers.

Shannon said...

Even though I've never attended an AA meeting in my life.. I would gladly be his sponsor :) Oh yum.